|Title||A Brief History of Pi|
|MP3 Size||16.78 MB (estimated)|
Get 10% off Squarespace by following this link: [[link stripped - click to show]]
Check out my new website here! [[link stripped]]
Note that there's a huge amount about pi that I didn't cover in this video due to time - I didn't even mention proofs of it being irrational and transcendental, or why we call it pi! I chose to focus on the development of its approximation as a hook to teach the broader history of mathematics, rather than make this video an exhaustive list of facts. The wiki is a great place to learn more about the rest of the number's history and applications in maths and physics: [[link stripped]]
A few nitpicky things:
I am hugely indebted to Alex Bellos and his excellent book Alex's Adventures in Numberland for the inspiration to make this video. There is an entire chapter of the book devoted to a broader but shallower discussion of pi and its history, which I highly recommend.
You can support the channel by donating at [[link stripped]]
---------- II ----------
Huge thanks to my supporters on Patreon: Dan Hanvey, David Efird, Elliot Conway, Robert Eldon, Syafiq Kay, Xavier Chesterfield, Jay Wright, Myles Kornfeld, Louis Gillet, Michael Phillips, Neudys Almonte, Fraser Birks, Martin Hermes, Anh Duong, Luca Schumann, Rhys Rickard-Frost, Cameron Matchett, Lachlan Woods, Tim Boxall, Simon Vaes, Gabriele Mozzicato, Jawad Alalasi, Gaia Frazao Nery, Kodzo, Josh Ruby, Claire Anthony, Eve Dillon, Rowan Gow, Matthias Loos, James Bridges, James Craig, Angela, Sanaa Al Derei, Mark Anthony Magro, Liam, Theresa Wang, Kieran Kelly, Wendover Productions, Kendra Johnson, Caitlin Louise.
---------- II ----------
Vlogs from Oxford students - [[link stripped]]
Thanks to Vlogbrothers for their sponsorship of this video. Money from the Foundation to Decrease Worldsuck contributed to equipment used in this video.
|Copyright||All materials' copyright are belong to their respective owners and/or uploader. This video was uploaded by Simon Clark|
|License||Licensed under YouTube Standard License|
|Download as MP3|
|Download as MP4|
|Tags||A Brief History of Pi, Download A Brief History of Pi, Download Video A Brief History of Pi, Download MP3 A Brief History of Pi, Download A Brief History of Pi episode terbaru, A Brief History of Pi terbaru|
Home › A Brief History of Pi
Click image to play video, right click to save image. (Image via youtube.com)
Post related to A Brief History of Pi:
- [04:41] Pi Explained in 3:14By Richard BewThis a video that I created my freshman year of highschool for a prese ...
- [07:48] Why sin and cos don't mean anythingBy Simon ClarkGet better at maths with Brilliant: https://brilliant.org/SimonClark/ ...
- [05:42] Why Pi 22/7By Easy MathsThis video explains the reason for why value of pi=22/7 with geometric ...
- [04:16] How I Memorized 206 Digits of Pi by Singing a Song (2017 Pi Day)By itsIsaacFangWelcome to my FIRST youtube VIDEO which I made for 2017 Pi day. Do yo ...
- [03:45] The infinite life of pi - Reynaldo LopesBy TED-EdView full lesson: http://ed.ted.com/lessons/the-infinite-life-of-pi-re ...
- [02:22] Song from π!By aSongScoutPi song! Sheet music is avaliable here: http://www.sheetmusicplus.co ...
- [04:54] 3 Ways Pi Can Explain Practically EverythingBy SciShowWhat’s irrational and never ends? Pi! Hank explains how we need pi t ...
- [18:21] Most Digits of Pi Memorized by an 11 year old! WORLD RECORD! 2091 Digits!By ThatMathNerdIn this video 11 year old Austin Baio breaks the world record for most ...
- [08:24] Pi is Beautiful - NumberphileBy NumberphileWith thanks to Martin Krzywinski and Cristian Ilies Vasile - cool visu ...
- [21:21] Misunderstood Moments in History - Cleopatra's EgyptBy InvictaThe rich history of ancient Egypt is often reduced to nothing but Phar ...